Zenith, a watchmaker with over a century’s worth of history, that has been recognized as one of the leading movement makers, has launched a new Tourbillon for its Captain collection. The watch showcases the complexities that have kept Zenith timepieces popular throughout the years. The great precision of this highly functional watch is matched by its elegant and beautiful aesthetics.
The Captain Tourbillon is encased in a 40 millimeters case that comes in either a rose gold or 18K white gold. The gem-set version of this watch comes in a case with a bezel adorned with 46 baguette-cut diamonds. This classic shaped case has a nice refined curve. What makes it unique however is its asymmetrical dial design. The brushed silver-toned dial features dauphine-style hands and markers that are reminiscent of its 1950s Captain watches. The design of the dial attracts ones attention towards the tourbillon’s rotating carriage. The off-centered rotating carriage incorporates a small seconds hand and performs one rotation per minute.
The transparent sapphire crystal case-back allows one to observe the movement that powers this watch. This El Primero 4041 S movement is made of 199 parts and the world’s only tourbillon that beats at a frequency of 36,000 vibrations per hour, which is much faster and more efficient than the typical 28,800 vibrations per hour observed with other watches.
- Case diameter of 40 millimeters with opening diameter of 34.45 mm
- Material: 18-carat rose or white gold
- Box-shaped sapphire crystal with anti-reflection treatment on both front and back sides
- Transparent sapphire glass case-back
- Water-resistance of up to 5 ATM
- Dial: Silver brushed in the center, silver grained on the hour path
- Depending on model, indexes and hands are gold-plated rhodium or black rhodium, faceted
- El Primero 4041 S, automatic
- Height: 7.65 mm
- Components: 199 parts
- Jewels: 25
- Frequency: 36,000 vibrations per hour or 5 Hz
- Power Reserve of up to 50 Hours
- Finishing: Oscillating weight with “Côtes de Genève” pattern.
- Caliber: Diameter : 30 mm
- Hours and minutes in the center
- Tourbillon: the carriage is positioned off-centered and at 11 o’clock position
- The off-centered carriage makes one turn per minute and the small second is on the carriage
Strap & Buckle
- Alligator leather strap with protective rubber lining, depending on model – brown alligator leather or black alligator leather available
- 18-carat gold triple folding buckles, which depending on model is rose gold or white gold