It’s been less than 2 weeks since the passing of Raymond Weil, honorary president and founder of the Raymond Weil Swiss watch brand.
In this post, we pay tribute to Raymond Weil…
The Raymond Weil Legacy
Mr Raymond Weil’s independent mind and kindness will continue to inspire us every day.
-From a statement that appeared on the Raymond Weil Watch Brand’s Official Website on January 27 2014, the day of his passing.
Raymond Weil was a self-made man…He was my mentor, and I learned so much from him. His legacy and enthusiasm will live on through our family, his brand, its team over the world, and all of those who wear the watch that bears his name.
-Company president and CEO Olivier Bernheim, Raymond Weil’s son-in-law
He was the first person to look at watches as a luxurious accessory…
-Raymond Weil Company Statement
…his watches are based on the ideal of combining classic styling, exceptional Swiss watch craftsmanship, and reasonable pricing.
-WatchesOnNet.com (Click here to view a comprehensive selection of Raymond Weil Watches on WatchesOnNet.com)
- 1926: Raymond Weil is born in Geneva.
- 1949: After receiving his diploma in commerce, Raymond Weil begins a 16 year career at Camy Watch S.A.
- 1976: Raymond Weil creates his own company during a crisis that impacted the entire watch industry.
- 2014: Raymond Weil dies.
- Music (classical and lyrical)
- Contemporary art
- Flying his plane
- And of course… watch making.