TX Watches, the luxury arm of American Timex Watches, combines German engineering and Italian design to produce the internationally savvy timepieces of the World Time collection.
While most luxury watch brands are decades, if not centuries, old, Timex Group’s luxury arm, TX Watches, was founded in 2006 to fill the niche it calls “TechnoLuxury”. Since its inception, TX Watches has produced several collections of fine timepieces. Although an American company by parentage, TX achieves an unique international appeal with German-engineered technology and Italian design.
Appealing to word travelers and international watch connoisseurs, TX Watches specializes in allowing its wearers to tell, not only their own local time, but the time in important jet-setting destinations. The 500 series contains the best of TX’s world time models. Introduced in 2009, the 530 series World Time Airport Lounge watch incapsulates the TX image of glamour and adventure.
The Airport Lounge 530 artfully combines vintage design elements with advanced world time technology. The watch displays the season of the year and the time for 24 major world destinations: Azores, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Caracas, New York, Mexico City, Denver, Los Angeles, Anchorage, Honolulu, Midway, Auckland, Noumea, Sydney, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Dhaka, Karachi, Dubai, Moscow, Athens, Paris and London. The Airport Lounge even accounts for daylight savings time with a special provision that allows the wearer to travel confidently. The TX Airport Lounge World Time 530 features:
- TX proprietary World Time six-hand movement and four independent motors
- 44mm solid 316L stainless steel case
- Premium hardened mineral raised crystal
- Available with either genuine leather or stainless steel bracelet
- Available with rose gold or silver case
- Mirrored globe finishes, multi-color accents and tone-on-tone graphics
- Super LumiNova® indices and hands
- Dual multifunction retrograde display
- Screw down crown
- Water resistant to 160 feet
- All styles feature a logo clasp and some styles feature a deployment clasp (push button)
- Embossed signature TX globe graphic
The TX Airport Lounge series comes in six styles with a wide combination of colors and designs to fit every taste. TX Brand Director Stephen Scholz calls the Airport Lounge watch “the fusion of past, present and future- it creates a timeless aesthetic that speaks to the essence of the TX brand.” For those looking to expand their technical fine watch vocabulary, TX’s official website offers an informative technical glossary to make anyone an international timepiece expert.