Written by: Laura Barber
Let’s try an experiment. Close your eyes and imagine a watch with three big hearts on the dial. Are you picturing it? I bet whatever picture you’re seeing in your mind probably looks pretty cheesy, and not like any design that would belong on a luxury watch. In an attempt to eliminate the tackiness that can easily be associated with hearts, the Bvlgari B.zero1 Women’s Heart Watch BZ35BHDSGL/2, approaches this shape from a classy and sophisticated direction that many will love.
Unfortunately, with a strong connection to Valentine’s Day, it will probably never be possible to take all of the cheese factor away from the heart shape. However, Bvlgari makes a solid effort with the design of this watch. Outlined in tiny diamonds against the black dial, the hearts appearing on this timepiece are kept sleek and presented with an element of class. Not only are these hearts elegant, their shape is used to create an interesting pattern on the dial. That is to say, while you can tell that there are hearts on the face of this watch, they are interlocked in such a way that from a distance they create a visually interesting and almost abstract looking design.
Other visual featuresof the BZ35BHDSGHL/2 include:
• Black leather bracelet with stainless steel folding buckle
• 18-karat pink gold plated stainless steel case
• Black dial with sunray effect
This watch is not just a pretty face; it also has the brains to back it up. As it is a Swiss-made timepiece, you can rest easily knowing that its quality is ranks right up there with some of the best in the world.
With that said, its technical features are:
• Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
• Precise Swiss quartz movement
• Screw-in case back
• Push-in crown
• Water resistant up to 30 meters (99 feet)
So, do you think this is the right watch for you? Or maybe you’re still not too sure about it. Either way, here are some reasons why you should get this watch:
• Cute and stylish—would make a great gift
• Price—I know that $4,450 is a lot of money for a little watch, but compared to other Bvlgari watches, this one is almost a steal
• Good quality
And now for the flipside—here’s why you might not want it:
• The hearts on the dial
• The price—like I said before, $4,450 is a lot of money
• The lack of any numbers on the dial might make it difficult to read
If you like this watch and you either absolutely love its little heart-shaped details, or can learn to love them, then this is a good option for you. If hearts are definitely not your thing, but you really like the style of this timepiece, then you might want to check out the rest of the Bvlgari B.zero1 collection.