Martin Frei, URWERK co-founder and Chief Designer, notes that this new Urwerk’s UR-210 is “more than any other URWERK piece, the UR-210 catches the attention. The eye is inevitably drawn to the winding efficiency indicator…it’s almost a magnetic attraction. The UR-210 is not really a watch but rather a living mechanism grafted onto your wrist. We have nicknamed the UR-210 the Maltese Falcon because we see it as the stuff that dreams are made of.” This timepiece is indeed special with its unique look and design as well as complications. This new UR-210 is currently priced aroudn 137000 CHF.
When look at the watch, one observes a traditional power reserve indication at one o’clock position. At the 11 o’clock position, simialr looking indicator can be found, which is the world-first complication that indicates winding efficiency over the last two hours. The combined information of the power reserve indicator and the winding efficiency indicator allows the wearer to know when it is time to start moving the arm or adjust the winding efficiency selector, which can be adjusted to level of activity. The indicator will point towards the red zone when the UR-210 needs to be wound and will point towards the green zone when there is enough energy.
The dial of this timepiece is very eyecatching with its large, high-tech, three-dimensional retrograde minute hand which encloses the hour satellite and indicates the time as it transverses the 0-to-60 minute scale. At the 59th minute, a sharp distinct sound signals the return of the minute hand to the starting point.
Technical Specificatons of UR?210
- Material: Titanium and steel
- Dimensions: Width 43.8mm, Length 53.6mm, Thickness 17.8mm
- Two?position winding crownWinding efficiency selector on the back
- Caliber: UR?7.10
- Jewels: 51
- Escapement: Swiss Lever
- Balance: Monometallic
- Frequency: 28,800v/h, 4Hz
- Balance spring: Flat
- Power source: Single mainspring barrel
- Power reserve: 39 hours
- Winding system: Self?winding coupled to turbines
- Materials: Plate in ARCAP P40
- 3D minute hand in aluminum with brass counterweight; central cylindrical spiral in spring?steel; hour satellites in aluminium; central carrousel and screws in Titanium Grade 5.
- Surface finishes: Circular graining, sandblasted, circular and straight satin?finished plate; satin?finished and diamond?polished satellites; beveled and polished screw heads.Dial
- Patented revolving satellite complication with wandering hour and three?dimensional retrograde minute hand
- Super?LumiNova treatment on markers, dials, indexes, hands, and satellites.Indications
- Power Reserve Indicator
- Winding efficiency indicator